Stage V Engines
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The UK GOV and EU have changed the engine emission legislation to assist in the reduction of emissions, this is known as Stage V and came into effect on 1st January 2019, Overland thought it would be a good idea to clarify some facts and how it will affect our industry.
Stage V legislation represents a big change to the engines used in non-road mobile machinery, such as wood chippers, stump grinders, mowers, and skid steer machinery.
Some of our customers may not be fully aware of the changes, so we thought, lets cut the wheat from the chaff and focus on a few points that are important to you and Overland.
- On the 1st January 2019, The Stage V legislation took effect and is aimed at non-road mobile machinery (NRMM’s) and their emissions.
- Any existing diesel engines, including machines built and ready for sale are not affected and can continue to be used.
- Manufacture of pre-Stage V diesel engines ceased at the end of December 2018.
- Pre-built stocks of non-Stage V Diesel Engines can continue to be used by manufacturers until June 2020.
- As of July 2020, all new woodchippers and NRMM’s, must be fitted with Stage V diesel engines.
- The July 2020 deadline has now been postponed, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.